WEX editors provide excellent services at a reasonable $55 per-hour rate for doctoral students. Since most manuscripts/proposals/theses/dissertations consume over 5 hours of review, we ask that you submit a deposit of $275 for 5 hours.
You've worked hard, and your manuscript deserves another pair of eyes to ensure its success. Whether it's a dissertation, journal article, or book manuscript, you want the polish to appeal to your audience. Whatever your writing needs, WEX editors are here to help. We know that other editing services charge by the word, but we've decided that the per hour rate is the most economically sound. On staff are PhD editors/coaches and professionally certified editors. We offer a variety of services, including:
- Editing for content to provide feedback on writing elements such as organization, clarity of content, specificity of research design and methods, sentence-level revisions, and word choice. This is best done before the document is complete.
- Development Editing to help with structure and content development of your project. Whether it's a novel or an academic project, the editor will provide the critical feedback to tighten the plot structure and characterization or support you in identifying the key components for content development of academic texts. This service is best accompanied with a minimum of 1 hour coaching.
- Light proofreading to correct typos, grammar and punctuation, wrong words, and other minor errors at the sentence level. This is best done on a completed manuscript/dissertation when major revisions are no longer likely.
- Format/Style Editing to adjust the formatting of your document according to a specific format and style sheet. This format editing is best accomplished with a final draft of the manuscript. You are expected to have all content, including in-text citations, in place before requesting this service.
- Combined Proofreading and Format Editing: a completed dissertation/manuscript benefits from a complete examination of format and proofreading to ensure that what is submitted is a polished finalized text.
For each of these, we provide a document with tracked changes for you to review and accept. When your manuscript is completed, WEX will contact you by email should additional payment be required. Once any additional payments are received, your manuscript will be sent via email. If no additional payment is required, your project will be sent directly to you. Any balance remaining may be used for resubmission or for new documents. WEX does not offer refunds of payments for any of its services.